This question pops in my head when I’m in the mood to travel. I know my body needs routine to strengthen my first chakra but us girls need an occasional break! Wouldn’t it be fun to just drop whatever you’re doing and do something out of the ordinary? Call me shallow, but when I step out of the house, I try to observe something new (and I live in a small town).
Where to? Here’s my current list:
- Bruges, Belgium to track down the best dark chocolate in town and hopefully even learn to make them! While I’m there, might as well visit the Basilica of the Holy Blood, preferable on Ascension Day so I get to witness the procession!
- German Christmas markets. There are a lot to choose from! Hmm, maybe Cologne or Dusseldorf. Munster was so much fun — I’d love to check out the smaller towns, too!
- Lille, France to take part in the crazy and largest flea market in Europe and eat a lot of mussels! This happens in September.
- Norcia, Italy. Spend a few days at the Benedictine monastery. I met a Benedictine nun while arranging a group pilgrimage. I could live the life of a nun… but just for a few days. They repair antique books and make their own bee products.
- Greek islands. Just to be lazy and eat Greek food all day!
- Paris and London. Been there several times but I just can’t get enough of them.
- Prague. To see if it’s as beautiful as others say it is.
- Venice during carnival time – just missed it!
If you truly want to travel but just can’t seem to find the time, making a checklist and visualizing this happening will make way for the opportunity to travel.